Corporate Yoga & Mindfulness Classes
The staff are a company's greatest asset. Now is the time to invest in them.
- Increased productivity
- Decreased absenteeism
- Improved recruitment and staff retention
Studies are now proving that these are the benefits of investing in wellness practices, such as yoga and mindfulness, for your staff. Not to mention the financial benefits that the company will receive through investing in the health of their staff...reduced sick leave, increase staff retention and increased productivity for a start.
These practices are becoming increasingly popular in the workplace and for good reason. When you’re working hard and fast, it is important to protect the body and mind from injury or burn out. My goal in this project is to guide the staff through practices of self care, providing opportunities to nourish and strengthen the body and mind.
Classes or courses can be developed to suit the needs of each individual company.
"We had Steevie do 6 weeks of mindfulness and yoga classes at our workplace and what a treat it was! It was a great way to break up our busy days, taught us to listen to our bodies, accept our thoughts and let them go. I loved the yoga classes! They were the perfect amount of movement for a lunch break. Steevie always nailed the spots I didn't even know were tight! The only downfall I could say, is that I wish the classes went for longer! Love ya work Steevie!"
- Natalie Anne of Kookai review
"For years I was never really the type of person to get into yoga. Steevie started teaching yoga lessons at Forevernew, and since it was so convenient being straight after work, I had no more excuses but to try it out.
After one lesson I was hooked. Her yoga lessons made me realise how little we pay attention to our bodies and how important it is to focus on ourselves to live a more stress free lifestyle.
Not only are her classes good for the mind but also great for your body.
I have a desk job, which meant I would sit for almost up to 7-8hours a day. This was terrible for my back, shoulders and arms. I would always complain about the pain and stiffness. But ever since I have started I have to honestly say that it has disappeared."
-Maggie Chan of Forever New review
What you can expect:
- Each class will vary and offer a combination of hatha yoga, yin yoga and mindfulness practices.
- Classes will be suited to people of all levels of experience and flexibility.
- Hatha Yoga is a practice that focuses on the connection between body and breath; building strength and stamina, as you move through a series of long held or slow flow postures.
- In Yin Yoga, simple shapes are held for 3-5 minutes to allow the muscles to relax around the connective tissues, providing a deeper stretch and sense of release in the body. This will help to improve flexibility and is known to help relieve muscle tension.
- Meditation/Mindfulness classes will provide you an opportunity to experience some of the key mindfulness practices, such as body scan, kindness meditation, mindful movement. Mindfulness is defined as paying attention, in a particular way, on purpose and non-judgementally. Through the practice you can benefit from stress relief, improved sleep, reduced fatigue and headaches, greater physical and emotional well-being.
Contact me to create a unique wellness program for your company